A Carney man’s case, which had been scheduled for the upcoming jury trial docket, has been dismissed.
Bobby Lloyd Johnston, 64, was arrested on Jan. 11, 2022 as officers served a warrant at 820575 S. 3330 Road in Lincoln County. Originally, he was charged with three felonies and four misdemeanors.
Formal charges were filed in Lincoln County District Court on Jan. 14, 2022 against Johnston.
During a disposition docket on Sep. 27, then District Judge Cindy Ashwood granted Johnston’s motion to continue his trial until 2023. She scheduled him for the disposition docket at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 17 and his jury trial at 9 a.m. Feb. 6. 2023.
District Judge Traci Soderstrom had set the cause for the jury trial call docket on Feb. 3. Both parties had announced they were ready for trial.
Court records show that the state dismissed the charges on Jan. 25 and the motion to dismiss and order were filed that day.
First Assistant District Attorney Adam Kallsnick said Johnston has outstanding charges in Atoka and will be transferred there. He said some of the charges against Johnston had been dropped by the prior DA administration.
Johnston originally had been scheduled to stand trial in June of this year. But during the jury trial call docket on June 3, 2022 he waived a speedy trial and he was set for the jury term that began on Monday of this week.
On March 4, at the conclusion of that hearing, he was bound over to stand trial.
During his arraignment before District Judge Cindy Ashwood on March 15, Johnston entered a plea of not guilty.
The three original felonies included cultivation of a controlled substance, committing a felony with a firearm with defaced ID number and knowingly receiving or concealing stolen property.
Court records indicate the knowingly receiving or concealing stolen property count, a felony, was dropped. The four misdemeanors included possession of CDS, possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful collection/ disposal of waste tires.