An Agra man who waived his preliminary hearing on charges of lewd acts to a minor has been ordered to stand trial on the charges.
Jason Dwayne Chapman, 41, was formally charged Sep. 29, 2022 in Lincoln County District Court with two counts of lewd acts to a child under 16 years of age and one count of lewd proposal to a child under the age of 16.
During his arraignment last week before District Judge Traci Soderstrom, Chapman pleaded not guilty to the charges. The Court received the plea and set Chapman for the felony disposition docket at 9:30 a.m. May 16, the jury trial call docket at 9:30 a.m. on June 2 and his jury trial for 9 a.m. June 5.
According to a probable cause affidavit, the victim went to the Chandler Police Department on Sep. 16. 2021 to report an incident that happened to her when she was 13 years old at the time.
In the affidavit, it states the victim informed Chandler police this happened roughly 30 times over a six-month period.
The victim told police at first she didn’t want the case prosecuted. However, several days later, after officers continued their investigation and the defendant in the case was interviewed, the woman returned to the police department on Sep. 23, 2021, and said she wanted to proceed with the case.